1. There are a lot of different authenticator apps you can download on the internet.
- Examples: Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, Authy, Last Pass.
2. You can locate these by searching online or going onto the app store you would have on your phone.
3. You do not have to have the authenticator app on the same device you are using to log into your account.
4. Not all authenticator applications require a camera on the same device to make use of them.
5. You will need to choose an authenticator app before you can continue this process.
Two-Factor Authentication is Mandatory on all accounts.
To be able to change your Two-Factor authentication method, eg. from "SMS authentication" to authentication via an "Authenticator app", you need to deactivate the method you are using first, then enable the other authentication option.
For this step-by-step guide, will be changing from "SMS Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)" to "Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) via an Authenticator app".
- Click on "Settings".
- Click on "Disable 2FA".
- Enter the 6-digit code that was sent to your mobile phone.
(If you have not received the code on your phone, click "Resend OTP").
- Click on "Disable".
Once complete, you can proceed with activating the other method.
- Click on Enable 2fa with authenticator app.
- Scan the QR Code or enter the code manually.
(To enter the code manually, you will need to click on Unable to scan? Try entering the code manually)
- Enter the 6-digit code that shows on the authenticator app.
Click on "Submit".
If you need any assistance regarding your account or any other questions, our support team is available 24/7 and you can also send us an email.
Click here to send us an email